Mike Town, one of Tesla STEM High School’s founding teachers, is a recipient of the Patsy Collins Award for Excellence in Education, Environment, and Community.
Northstar is a small LWSD choice school with a maximum enrollment of 90 students, however, class sizes are at the same teacher/student ratio as other district middle schools.
Lottery will be held in February of 2018 for the 2018-19 school year.
- Information Night – Tuesday, December 5, 2017, at 6:30 p.m. in the Emerson High School Gym
- Application available online – Monday, December 11, 2017
- Applications due – by 4:00 p.m. on January 19, 2018
- Lottery held at district – February 1, 2018
- Notification to families – February 7, 2018
- Acceptance deadline – February 21, 2018
Students currently on the waitlist will be notified in lottery number order if an opening becomes available. The student has 24 hours from notification to accept the opening. If acceptance is not received by the school in 24 hours, the spot will be offered to the next student on the waitlist.
All Lake Washington School District elementary students are welcome to apply in January of their 5th grade year. Priority is determined by a standard lottery system so that all who apply have an equal chance to attend. Those who are not chosen will be put on a wait list. While the lottery is primarily for incoming 6th graders, older students may also apply but will be admitted on a space available basis. All students must turn in a completed application by the January deadline to be part of the lottery.
Application is only open to students who reside within the Lake Washington School District boundaries.