Mike Town, one of Tesla STEM High School’s founding teachers, is a recipient of the Patsy Collins Award for Excellence in Education, Environment, and Community.
Student Dress Code
What is considered appropriate clothing at Northstar.
Students need to wear appropriate clothing while at school and attending school-sponsored functions. Appropriate clothing will not cause disruptions of the learning process, and includes the following:
- Shirts/tops must be no more than ½ inch above the belly button.
- Pants/skirts must be worn no lower than ½ inch below the belly button (the top of the pelvis).
- Gap between top of pants/skirts and bottom of tops can be no more than 1 inch.
- No revealing/see-through clothing, including plunging necklines.
- No sleepwear or undergarment shall be substituted as outerwear.
- No halter-tops, bare midriffs, or tube tops.
- Tank tops and spaghetti straps are acceptable provided the neckline is no lower than the armpits.
- No holes in pants when the hole is above the knee, or large holes in shirts.
- Shorts and skirts must be at least mid-thigh in length (about a six inch inseam).
- Shirts and hard soled shoes must be worn at all times except as teacher directed.
- Clothing or jewelry that promotes alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sexist or racist themes, profanity, violence, illegal/dangerous weapons, sexual connotations, or gang-related in any manner are not allowed.
- No bandannas or head cloths.
- No large chains are to be worn or in your possession.
Abusing these guidelines repeatedly will result in a stricter clothing policy. Repeated violations could result in a behavior contract or suspension.