Northstar is a small LWSD choice school with a maximum enrollment of 90 students, however, class sizes are at the same teacher/student ratio as other district middle schools.
Tuesday, December 18, 2018
6:300 p.m. in the Emerson High School Gym
Lottery will be held in February of 2019 for the 2019-20 school year.
Choice School Application Timeline for 2020-21
- November 8, 2019 – Online application opens
- December 13, 2019 – Online applications due by 4:00 p.m.
- January 10, 2020 – Lottery held at district
- January 17, 2020 – Notification to families
- January 27, 2020 – Acceptance deadline
Kindergarten (ONLY Einstein Dual Language Program)
- The 2020-21 Kindergarten Einstein Dual Language Program application is now open through February 27, 2020 at 4 p.m.
- March 5, 2020 – Einstein Dual Language Program Kindergarten lottery held at district
- March 12, 2020 – Notification to families
- March 23, 2020 – Acceptance deadline
Students currently on the waitlist will be notified in lottery number order if an opening becomes available. The student has 24 hours from notification to accept the opening. If acceptance is not received by the school in 24 hours, the spot will be offered to the next student on the waitlist.
All Lake Washington School District elementary students are welcome to apply in January of their 5th grade year. Priority is determined by a standard lottery system so that all who apply have an equal chance to attend. Those who are not chosen will be put on a wait list. While the lottery is primarily for incoming 6th graders, older students may also apply but will be admitted on a space available basis. All students must turn in a completed application by the January deadline to be part of the lottery.
Application is only open to students who reside within the Lake Washington School District boundaries.