Northstar Middle School has a new youth counselor this year! Audrey Farber is a counselor from Youth Eastside Services and will be on campus once a week on Thursdays.
If you have a student that you may be concerned about or is struggling in some way (in terms of mental health issues, behavioral concerns, bullying, etc.) please let Audrey know. This can be in response to any range of issues dealing with anxiety, depression, self-harm, substance use, gender identity and sexual orientation, etc.
If you would like to contact Audrey, you can email her at email@example.com. She is usually at Northstar only on Thursdays, but checks her email multiple times a week
Some of the services Audrey can provide are:
- Individual sessions with students/parents/families
- Behavioral concerns, teaching coping and de-escalation skills.
- Drug and alcohol screenings and/or full comprehensive assessments
- Referrals to community resources (including support groups, MH counseling, housing)
- Support and psychoeducation for parents and family