Northstar Middle School has a new youth counselor this year! Crysta Cady is a counselor from Youth Eastside Services and will be on campus twice a week on Thursdays and Fridays.
If you have a student that you may be concerned about or is struggling in some way (in terms of mental health issues, behavioral concerns, bullying, etc.) please let know. This can be in response to any range of issues dealing with anxiety, depression, self-harm, substance use, gender identity and sexual orientation, etc.
If you would like to contact Crysta, you can email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Some of the services Crysta can provide are:
- Individual sessions with students/parents/families
- Behavioral concerns, teaching coping and de-escalation skills.
- Drug and alcohol screenings and/or full comprehensive assessments
- Referrals to community resources (including support groups, MH counseling, housing)
- Support and psychoeducation for parents and family