Student Dress Code
What is considered appropriate clothing at Northstar.
Students need to wear appropriate clothing while at school and attending school-sponsored functions. Appropriate clothing will not cause disruptions of the learning process, and includes the following:
- Shirts/tops must be no more than ½ inch above the belly button.
- Pants/skirts must be worn no lower than ½ inch below the belly button (the top of the pelvis).
- Gap between top of pants/skirts and bottom of tops can be no more than 1 inch.
- No revealing/see-through clothing, including plunging necklines.
- No sleepwear or undergarment shall be substituted as outerwear.
- No halter-tops, bare midriffs, or tube tops.
- Tank tops and spaghetti straps are acceptable provided the neckline is no lower than the armpits.
- No holes in pants when the hole is above the knee, or large holes in shirts.
- Shorts and skirts must be at least mid-thigh in length (about a six inch inseam).
- Shirts and hard soled shoes must be worn at all times except as teacher directed.
- Clothing or jewelry that promotes alcohol, tobacco, drugs, sexist or racist themes, profanity, violence, illegal/dangerous weapons, sexual connotations, or gang-related in any manner are not allowed.
- No bandannas or head cloths.
- No large chains are to be worn or in your possession.
Abusing these guidelines repeatedly will result in a stricter clothing policy. Repeated violations could result in a behavior contract or suspension.